Whitni Alis is a girly girl but also a total nerd. This is diary of her life, things she loves, things she hates and reviews of them.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yummy Baked Chicken

So I love chicken, I could eat it all week long really. I do like fried chicken but not all the time because of how unhealthy it is. So I love to make baked chicken, it is more healthy then fried chicken and more juicy then grilled chicken. My use to make baked chicken all the time when I was little. Since I no longer live at home I found a yummy baked chicken recipe for myself to use. I then decided to share the recipe with everyone who reads my blog. Now the recipe that I used calls for all pieces of chicken but I only use legs. I love dark meat but my boyfriend likes white meat. So tonight I am making him chicken breasts and me legs. This is a really easy recipe even for beginners in the kitchen. 

Baked Chicken: the items I used

Ingredients:
- 1 package chicken drumsticks (or whatever part of the chicken you like)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cooking Spray

I also used cooking spray in my pan first to make sure the chicken did not stick.
Directions:
preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.

Rinse chicken pieces in water and pat dry with paper towels.


Spray your pan with cooking spray if you need to.


Coat the bottom of a roasting pan with olive oil.


Rub some olive oil over all of the chicken pieces in the roasting pan.


Sprinkle both sides of the chicken pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper.


Arrange the pieces skin-side up in the roasting pan.

 

Cook for 30 minutes at 400°F. Then lower the heat to 350°F and cook for 10-30 minutes more.




Cook until juices run clear (not pink) when poked with a sharp knife or the internal temperature of the chicken legs above 160 degrees F. If your chicken pieces aren't browning to your satisfaction, you can put them under the broiler for the last 5 minutes of cooking, until browned sufficiently. 

Remove roasting pan from oven. Remove chicken from roasting pan to a serving plate. Tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.




Notes:
- I use only one of the small packages of legs because I am the only one who likes them.
- It takes over 40 minutes for mine to get about 165 degrees F. So make sure you start it early to have your sides done at the same time.
- I make sure my legs get to at least 165 degrees before I pull them out of the oven. 
- You can make whatever kind of sides you like with this. 
- You can also make gravy if you want to but I do not so I am not adding the directions for making it to my recipe. 
- If you have any questions email me at hazeleyedgirl24@gmail.com

I found this recipe at {Simply Recipes}

All pictures were taken by me.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

We eat chicken a lot too! I'm trying to branch out, but chicken is easy and very versatile! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

Thank you SO much for this recipe! I also LOVE chicken but am not a very experienced cook so I run out of ways to make things! I can't wait to try it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...