Whitni Alis is a girly girl but also a total nerd. This is diary of her life, things she loves, things she hates and reviews of them.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hollywood over the weekend

So the SAG Awards are now over. The stars have walked the red carpet and all of the awards have been given out. I was going to write my review of the show on Monday but I forgot and was mainly on Twitter. I am pretty happy with who won Sunday evening. Even the few that won that I didn't want to win deserved the win. Of course my favorite winners of the night was Colin Firth, Natalie Portman, and The King's Speech. I really wanted Geoffrey Rush to win because his performance in the King's Speech was amazing. Just the looks he made in that movie made me cry. But he did not win Christian Bale won in the end. I am sure he did amazing job also, I'm just not into movies about boxing. As for best supporting actress I really wanted Mila Kunis to win for her role in the Black Swan. In the end Melissa Leo won for the Fighter. Again I am sure she too did a great job, but I don't really care about boxing movies. I don't even like the sport of boxing.



I got so excited when The King's Speech won Cast in a motion picture. Mainly because I loved that movie so much but also because they beat out The Social Network. I also really liked Black Swan so it was hard to pick one movie over the other. I think I was mainly wishing either it or The King's Speech would win. Now when it comes to tv I didn't really mind that much since the only show I watch that was nominated was 30 Rock. So I was pretty happy that Alec Baldwin won for 30 Rock. I thought it was great how Betty White. I think it is a little sad how she is the only Golden Girls left alive. I really loved that show. The look on her face when she won was great. It was like "What I am winning over all these ladies".


 My Best Dressed List
Now for what we all care about the ladies dresses. I had a pretty big list of favorites this time .My three top favorites were Mila Kunis, Lea Michele, and Natalie Portman. I also loved Kim Kardashian's dress but I couldn't help but wonder why was she there? My other favorites were: SofĂ­a Vergara, Julianna Margulies, Kyra Sedgwick, and Giuliana Rancic. 
I loved that you could see Natalie's baby bump. I love Mila's colors in the dress and hair.

My Worst Dressed List
I also had a long list of dresses I just did not like. They were weird, way too bright, and some showed a little too much. My top four worst had to be Angie Harmon, Nicole Kidmen, Jennifer Lawrence, Melissa Leo. I just did not like them at all. Angie's had way too many feathers. Nicole's just wasn't pretty to me. Jennifer's was too bright for my liking and weird. Melissa's dress showed a little too much of her. It actually made her look like she had a baby bump I thought. 


One last person I would like to mention is Julia Stiles dress. I didn't put her in my best dressed list or worst dressed list because I love the top part of her dress and the blue color. But I really dislike the bottom part of the dress (mainly the white color area).

I got the pictures from ( people.com, usmagazine.com, @SAGawards twitter account, @MrJayManuel twitter account, and TMZ.com )





1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm with you, so glad Social Network didn't win best cast in a motion picture. Mila Kunis looked fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...